Friday, October 9, 2015

2005, John Entwistle "So Who's The Bass Player?" CD

To celebrate the birth of legendary bass player John Entwistle.
I remember a friend saying to me when hearing the sad news 
on the passing of John Entwistle that The Who will sound different.
At first I said is it really that noticeable and sure enough I apologise
for my ignorance of ever doubting my friend.
I then learned that John had a very heavy bass and played it
like a lead guitar as Pete Townshend once pointed out in an interview.
Of course just listen to Quadrophenia and John's bass just pops out.

I purchased this double CD in 2005 that is a collection
of John Entwistle solo works. Includes some live Who songs from his solo concerts 
on "King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents John Entwistle" from '97 & '98.
Also 4 tracks from "Flash Fearless Vs. The Zorg Women Parts 5 & 6"


John Entwistle "So Who's The Bass Player?"
The Ox Anthology

Cardboard cover art 
front & back




Cover CD booklet


Pages inside of booklet 






Back Cover CD booklet


Two CDs



photo behind the CDs
CD holder


Back of Jewel Case




No comments:

Post a Comment