Tuesday, March 1, 2016

1991, Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I & II, cassettes

Cassette Tuesday spotlight's the last recording
of the original Guns N' Roses except for
drummer Steve Adler.

Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, cassette



Use Your Illusion I and II are 2 separate cassettes but were
released on the same day. A pretty big project by the band to put out 
2 recordings. One of the guest involved was Alice Cooper on "The Garden"
another guest was not so famous but good friend of Axl was Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon.
Shannon sang backing vocals on a number of songs "Live And Let Die", "November Rain",
"The Garden", "Don't Cry", and "You Ain't The First".


Use Your Illusion I
Cover w/ Parental Advisory sticker


Use Your Illusion I is the better out of the 2 series.
I actually think they could of made just one record and pick the best
out of the 2 releases. Use Your Illusion I has more songs that I like
such as McCartney's "Live And Let Die" that GnR's do a wonderful cover on.
"Don't Cry" is another great tune as a ballad w/ Shannon Hoon backing vocals.
"Back Off Bitch" "Don't Damn Me" "Bad Apples" all rockin', tunes. 
Then Alice Cooper as co-vocals on "The Garden" works well w/ Axl. As the
song sequed into "Don't Damn Me" even Axl sounds like Alice Cooper in
the intro of this song.


Use Your Illusion I
Cover unfolded


Cover unfolded part 1


continued Cover unfolded part 2


Inside Cover unfolded part 1


continued Inside Cover unfolded part 2


Side 1


Side 2




Use Your Illusion II
Cover w/ Parental Advisory sticker


Use Your Illusion II to me sounds like the left overs of Use Your Illusion I.
There's a few good tunes like "Civil War" Bob Dylan's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door",
"You Could Be Mine" are the only songs that stand out for me.


Use Your Illusion II
Cover unfolded


Cover unfolded part 1


continued Cover unfolded part 1


Inside Cover unfolded part 1


continued Inside Cover unfolded part 2


Side 1


Side 2



Use Your Illusion I - The Garden
co-vocals Alice Cooper

Use Your Illusion I! - Civil War






No comments:

Post a Comment