Tuesday, April 12, 2016

1994, Gilby Clarke - Pawnshop Guitars, cassette

Cassette Tuesday presents 
1994, Gilby Clarke "Pawnshop Guitars" cassette.



Like everyone else "Tijuana Jail" video on MTV
got me to get this cassette. Funny thing around this time
if I didn't want to spend money on a band I'm not sure about
I buy the cassette. Then if I really like the band I get the CD.
Fortunately I did purchase the CD. There are many more songs
that I liked such as "Cure Me...Kill Me...", "Skin & Bones"
also a good Stones cover "Dead Flowers" plus many more.
It's good to point out that a number of Guns N Roses are guest
members on this as well as Axl.

Now if you're like me you probably got introduced to Gilby by his
stint on Guns N Roses from 1990 to 1994. 
This release would actually be his debut solo album but not
Gilby's beginning to music. Gibly Clarke started in a number
of bands prior to GnR. Candy, Kill For Thrills and The Loveless
are a number of bands Gilby was in from 1985 to about 1990.
Kill For Thrills I have on CD which includes Jason Nesmith
yes that's Monkee's Michael Nesmith's son. Just for you trivia fans.


Cover


Cover Unfolded


Inside Cover Unfolded


Side A


Side B



Gilby Clarke remade this song but to be honest it
is a bit slower than the original posted below.

"Tijuana Jail"


"Cure Me...Kill Me..."



No comments:

Post a Comment