Wednesday, November 23, 2016

1962, re-issue 1984, Howlin' Wolf cassette

Cassette Tuesday is about Chicago Blues Legend Howlin' Wolf.


Originally this was first released in 1962. This cassette titled "Howlin' Wolf"
was re-issued in 1984. I'm not sure how many times this has been released
between then but it must of been a number of times.

I first heard of Howlin' Wolf on the "Blue Collar" movie soundtrack.
I loved his voice which I can see where Captain Beefheart picked up that style.
In 1962 this was Howlin' Wolf's third release. Howlin' Wolf a Chicago blues singer, guitarist 
and harmonica player produced a few hits off this release like "The Red Rooster", 
"Wang Dang Doodle", "Spoonful", and "Back Door Man".
My favorite song on this cassette is "Spoonful" (see YouTube at bottom page)
Not much info on this cassette just the song titles.



1962, re-issue 1984, Howlin' Wolf, cassette

Cover
Blank on inside cover



Side 1


Side 2



"Spoonful"



No comments:

Post a Comment