Tuesday, March 14, 2017

1989, James McMurtry - Too Long in the Wasteland, cassette

This Cassette Tuesday we go with James McMurtry debut 
cassette "Too Long in the Wasteland".


My introduction to James McMurtry was on VH1 
I believe it was the video "Paint By Numbers" that I enjoyed
(Youtube video at bottom of this page).

I purchased this cassette and got into the rest of the songs on McMurtry's debut release.
I was interested in the lyrics as they seemed like short stories. I later come to find out
that James is the son of the famous author Larry McMurtry who wrote many
books that turned to movies such as 'Lonesome Dove' for one. Now I understood
James's song writing genes. This whole debut is very good as for some
of my favorite tracks are "Paint By Numbers", "Terry", "I'm Not From Here", 
"Too Long In The Wasteland", and "Talkin' At The Texaco"
Also good to point out this debut was produced by John Mellencamp.

I ended up following a number of McMurtry's releases through out the years.


1989 
James McMurtry "Too Long in the Wasteland", cassette

Cover


Cover unfolded


Inside Cover unfolded


Side 1


Side 2



"Paint By Numbers"



No comments:

Post a Comment