Tuesday, May 30, 2017

1972, Albert King - I'll Play The Blues For You, cassette

We get into The Blues this Cassette Tuesday with one of my favorite Bluesman
from 1972, Albert King "I'll Play The Blues For You", cassette.


I can't recall how I got into Albert King but it was
way before Gary Moore recorded his Blues records.
I believe it could of been through a compilation of Blues songs.
Albert King's biggest hit was "Born Under A Bad Sign" 1967.
In 2010, The Doors released on CD "The Doors Live in Vancouver 1970"
a concert w/ Albert King. Albert King was a big influence to Jim Morrison.
As I mentioned earlier Gary Moore "Still Got The Blues" 1990 includes a few
blues guests like Albert King appears on one track.

This release "I'll Play The Blues For You" is only 8 songs. There is a
2012 reissue that includes 4 more tracks. The title track is
of course one of my favorites "I'll Play The Blues For You"(youtube at bottom of page).
Another great tune is "Don't Burn Down The Bridge ('cause you might wanna come back)"
both tracks show off King's blues guitar work.
"Answer To The Laundromat Blues" written by Albert King is the only song
written by King that is on this recording. 



1972Albert King "I'll Play The Blues For You", cassette

Cover



Cover unfolded



Inside Cover unfolded
(I cropped off the other panel since it was blank)



Side 1



Side 2



"I'll Play The Blues For You"




No comments:

Post a Comment