Tuesday, June 6, 2017

1989, Lyle Lovett - Lyle Lovett And His Large Band, cassette

This Cassette Tuesday we go Country with Lyle Lovett
"Lyle Lovett And His Large Band" cassette.


This was Lyle Lovett's 3rd release and the first time I ever heard of him.
I would say this is my favorite album by Lyle Lovett.
I have seen his video "Here I Am" (youtube at bottom of page) on VH1 and when
I heard the intro I just loved it.
During this time a number of new artists came out of Country Music
but was labeled as New Country. Lyle Lovett and K.D. Lang seemed to
make it big on videos and radio. Although I don't think Country took them in
right away. Lyle Lovett's music style was many not only Country but you had
Jazz, Blues, Swing, Big Band, R&B, Gospel, Folk and Pop. One thing Lyle Lovett
also had was a very good sense of humor not only in his lyrics but stage show.
I've seen him in concert a number of times and it was music w/ stand-up comedy.
Lyle would tell these stories in between the songs that kept your attention.
This whole cassette is excellent and each song I do love. But if I have
to choose some my favorites "Here I Am", "Crying' Shame" "Good Intentions"
"Nobody Knows Me", "Once Is Enough".  Hell! Never mind the whole cassette is good.


1989, Lyle Lovett 
"Lyle Lovett And His Large Band", cassette



Cover unfolded



Inside Cover unfolded



Side 1



Side 2



"Here I Am"






No comments:

Post a Comment