Tuesday, August 15, 2017

1986, Billy Idol - Whiplash Smile, cassette

This Cassette Tuesday we go with 1986
Billy Idol "Whiplash Smile", cassette.


"Whiplash Smile" is Idol's third album well fourth if you count "Vital Idol" which came out 
in '85 in the U.K. but '87 in the US. "Vital Idol" was remixes of Idol's first 3 albums. 
So "Whiplash Smile" is officially the third original music album. This came right after Idol's big hit 
"Rebel Yell" album release. So it was a hard act to follow. 
It's funny I don't remember how I received this cassette. Maybe at a collectables show
or in a bargain bin at a record store. It could of been given to me from a friend who
was moving at the time and handed me a few cassettes. I know it was used.
"To Be A Lover" was the big hit but I read that "Sweet Sixteen" and "Don't Need A Gun"
are 2 more singles. Honestly I never heard those last 2 songs on the radio or MTV.
Steve Stevens is still w/ Billy on this recording. Not much I can say about this cassette but a
few good tracks. Band credit bass player John Regan
who a year later would join Ace Frehley's Comet



1986
Billy Idol "Whiplash Smile", cassette

Cover



Cover unfolded



Inside Cover unfolded



Side 1



Side 2



"To Be A Lover"




No comments:

Post a Comment